Voice Acting

General discussions about the Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Voice Acting

Postby Madzius888 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm

I wonder if Rick Simmonds is still our Sherlock or is it another voice actor?
Madzius888

Re: Voice Acting

Postby 3 pipe problem » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:45 pm

I think another. I loved the old one.
3 pipe problem

Postby Xanthippe » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am

A number of months prior to the release 'Testament' I asked the same question. Received a very kind reply from one of the moderators or developers (her name was Greta/Gilda/Gwen or...? My apologies for the memory lapse!) who said that Mr Holmes would be voiced by a different actor, better suited to the role or something to that effect.

I LOVED Rick Simmonds's version, so very much so that the coming change worried me.

Now that I've begun playing, however, I find myself flummoxed. The new one sounds exactly the same! If it's a different actor, well, my ear is a bit screwy and/or congratulations! Sounds like Sherlock to me. :D If a bit crabbier (regarding lines, not voice).

All the best,

Xanthippe
Xanthippe

Postby Madzius888 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:23 pm

I asked after I finished and I'm in the middle of my second game so now I'm sure that it is not Rick Simmonds because the actor have different tone of voice.

What I'm looking for is the actual name of the actor. I'd like to know who to appriciate, beacuse he's excellent. Sound almost just like the old good Sherlock :)
Madzius888

Postby Selena_Jones » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm

I agree, my friend. Absolutely amazing job with the voice acting for Holmes. I love it. I could not think of a better voice for him. Fit him perfectly. He did great for the dry humour and and bitterness where needed. It seemed realistic. I'd love to know who did his voice as well. Marvellous job for Holmes and Watson's voice.
Selena_Jones

Postby Xanthippe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:49 pm

After having played some more (we finished the game about a week ago), I did notice that the new chap's voice is a bit rougher, but of the same basic timbre as Mr Simmonds. Whoever he is, he did indeed do a fantastic job!

All the best,

Xanthippe
Xanthippe

Postby Taher » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 am

For me Mr Simmonds was a little bit better as Sherlock Holmes. His voice was more enthusiastic just like Holmes in books. But this new voice is not bad, somethimes the voice is similar to Mr Simmonds tone.
Taher

Postby Guest » Mon May 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Who does the voice acting of Sherlock in 'The Testament of Sherlock Holmes'? Does anyone know the name of the actor? Thank you!

Postby BountyHunter » Mon May 27, 2013 6:48 pm

How is it nobody knows who the voice actor for SH in this game is? Why is it such a mystery?

Now, my game just showed up in the mail today, and as I started playing, I found myself thinking the voice of Sherlock sounded very familiar. After playing for about an hour, who the voice sounded like to me suddenly became clear.

Peter Davison, the 5th Doctor from Doctor Who.

Not saying it is him for sure, but it sure sounds like it to me. Also sounds like it could possibly be Timothy Watson, who narrated the Life After People series.
BountyHunter

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey guys, I think I've found the voice actor for Holmes. It seems to me to be Mr Kerry Shale.

Return to Discussions